One aspect of the wedding that a bride is typically debating is which wedding colors to choose. Here are 5 important tips when picking your wedding pallet!
1. Choose a color that will compliment your wedding venue! Think about colors of walls, curtains, flooring and the natural surroundings (trees, water, rocks, etc) because your pictures can be indoors and outdoors. Don’t worry about matching to colors of the carpet with the bridesmaid dress – just pick something that won’t terribly clash. If the wedding venue has strong colors, take that into consideration when selecting your colors. If the wedding venue colors are the opposite of what you want, consider using pipe and drape and lighting to mask the unwanted colors.
2. Think about contract. Pick a color for the dresses and pick a contrasting color for your flowers. You want your pictures to pop and selecting contrasting colors will do that.
3. Order mock florals. What you think you are picking out and what the actual color is sometimes can be two different shades. All too ofter we hear disappointing stories about bridal flowers not being what they expected them to be. Ask your florist to order a stem or two for each of your flowers and bring a swatch of your bridesmaids dresses to make sure they match and look the way you want them too.
4. Think about your bridesmaids skin tones and hair colors. If you have a large bridal party, you might not be able to pick the perfect color for each bridesmaid but you can try! Think about choosing different shades of your color so each bridesmaid has a shade that works for them. Remember, your pictures will be much better if your bridesmaids look good in the color you choose!
5. Make your color a priority as one of the first things you do in the planning process. By waiting too long to select a color, you don’t have time to think about your decisions and tie the colors into the other elements of your wedding.